A case of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) following accidental iatrogenic overdose by adrenaline injection is described in a male aged 55 years. This patient was given 1 mg of adrenaline due to anaphylactic symptoms. Afterwards he presented with angina pectoris, dyspnoea and ST-segment elevation in the ECG. Plasma TnT and CK-MB were raised. A coronary angiography revealed a 66% stenosis of RCA. This patient had an asymptomatic RCA stenosis that probably became symptomatic due to coronary artery spasm related to adrenaline injection and thereby presented symptoms and signs of AMI.
Ugeskrift for Læger, 2006, Vol 168, Issue 11, p. 1137-1138